"We hide behind sheets of words and sometimes find comfort on wearing them proudly. I have unbowed my bloody head with the things I have killed and revered what I have immortalized. I will continue to shield, maim, murder, pine, ponder and slave over the very words that force itself out of my body but leave its hand clutched on my still beating heart."

-Darrel Pobre

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Red and Yellow


Now, I feel silly
looking back
how I compared you to navy blue
when you were nothing like it

you must understand
I only knew 3 colors back then
and they were broken, stripped half naked
that I have to lay them down
to color my wrinkled sheets
silly that my blue always
pokes my water clouds, harassed
the black lines break in mud

you are the sky
and your blue is a kind
that cannot be named or contained
but can be imbibed

I have been asked why my mouth was
stained squid blue
I just sheepishly smiled pretending I wasn't
drunk

Silly that I have come face to face to allusions
I have not known the names yet so I can't
bring them back at will
everything was just within a pentameter's reach

1 comment:

  1. I guess most of the beautiful things just come out from nowhere...and most these things dont need explanations to be understood...I guess thats how you truly understand life at its peak, or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete