"We hide behind sheets of words and sometimes find comfort on wearing them proudly. I have unbowed my bloody head with the things I have killed and revered what I have immortalized. I will continue to shield, maim, murder, pine, ponder and slave over the very words that force itself out of my body but leave its hand clutched on my still beating heart."

-Darrel Pobre

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Too See

you've got
the nicest brown eyes I want to rip off
and eat. whole, without chewing
so my insides would be clearer to read 
like neon signs on a white artisan cafe wall

like dark coffee ink on stark white skin

washing it down with espresso so sweet
black loses its color and lends
its taste to trembling fingers
it must be that your skin
lie so well and the cream 
was too dense with froth

the stirrer wasn't stirring at all
and all I can think about are those
clumsy words, those small watery
chocolate, sprinkled
fragments that took shape and form
filling those gaps that construct
my state of necessity to be freed
from walls that cripple my senses

by the acquisition of your sight

the descent into my dark self
can only be shed light by the
brightness of your browns 
and stillness of your sunken sockets

until all of me is seen
you can leave in the only way
we know how


May 12, 2013
2.58 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment