"We hide behind sheets of words and sometimes find comfort on wearing them proudly. I have unbowed my bloody head with the things I have killed and revered what I have immortalized. I will continue to shield, maim, murder, pine, ponder and slave over the very words that force itself out of my body but leave its hand clutched on my still beating heart."

-Darrel Pobre

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Palm Reading

There is a certain gravity to burnt hands
a weight in motionless skin literature
grooves leading to sky
some to sea
some to stay puddled 
in frozen epithelial sleep
destined side by side
with amalgamated fleshy web

When the soot is gone
and the debris bury themselves in linings
blackened fingertips
can once again trace palms in braille
can cup faces
in a smoothness of stretched silk
without leaving traces of anything
but a lingering feeling of weight
of something fashioned by force
that can only come alone from fire


10.25 PM 
01.29.15

No comments:

Post a Comment