"We hide behind sheets of words and sometimes find comfort on wearing them proudly. I have unbowed my bloody head with the things I have killed and revered what I have immortalized. I will continue to shield, maim, murder, pine, ponder and slave over the very words that force itself out of my body but leave its hand clutched on my still beating heart."

-Darrel Pobre

Sunday, September 8, 2013

In-betweens


you know how it is

the in-betweens
the interims
the learning curvature
of wanting and needing
and unwanting some more

of missing something 
you've never known

the breaths held
the fingers crossed
the coin-tossed wishes
the wisps of thin candlestick smoke
blown out from birthday cakes

of things we thought we can't live without
and still we breathe a little better now

the sleeps, between wakes
the pause between breaks
the split second sighs
of resignation or relief
that follows the tragic comedy

of knowing the unknown
or waking to the familiar truth you've known all along


Aug 29, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment