"We hide behind sheets of words and sometimes find comfort on wearing them proudly. I have unbowed my bloody head with the things I have killed and revered what I have immortalized. I will continue to shield, maim, murder, pine, ponder and slave over the very words that force itself out of my body but leave its hand clutched on my still beating heart."

-Darrel Pobre

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bokeh


we run in circles only to bump into ourselves
we reckon this escape would bring us somewhere 
but how could it be somewhere when we run infinitely
the same circuit
till someone closes the gate
a streetlight casts that condescending look
the sprinklers slippery gossip on willing cement
cars shamelessly hoot and mock and glare
and you are left to thread on higher pavements
avoiding eye contacts, 
and a line no longer becomes the shortest
distance between you and yourself
because there is no line,
there are just endless
infinite
circles.

11:31 PM 
March 20, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment