"We hide behind sheets of words and sometimes find comfort on wearing them proudly. I have unbowed my bloody head with the things I have killed and revered what I have immortalized. I will continue to shield, maim, murder, pine, ponder and slave over the very words that force itself out of my body but leave its hand clutched on my still beating heart."

-Darrel Pobre

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

In waves


they come in waves
breathing
the rise and fall
of chest, shoulders and lungs
water running in a rhythmic sweeping
of sands
and the shells  and dead pale corals 
break  into the foamy cycle

the staccato of blinking eyes
and choked sobs and thrusting limbs
ready to burst into flaming percussions
still in waves
we cling through boards and shipwreck
planks through a sweep of white fire
enveloping a non-nauseas state 
of pure, unfiltered gas

we heave in deeply to rip the 
throbbing flesh out by its hind legs
and it struggles and grabs all
innards in its way out. 
It's bulbous head and flailing arms
stuck between sphincters and intestinal
entry ways
and so in waves we feel it
envelop from within
puncturing in pinprick precision

sandy scraping through open tissue 
coral etching a messy aimless decoupage tattoo 
till we are inside out, breathing.
nothing left but pure
unfiltered gas
waiting to be lit.

March 27, 2013
3:24 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment