"We hide behind sheets of words and sometimes find comfort on wearing them proudly. I have unbowed my bloody head with the things I have killed and revered what I have immortalized. I will continue to shield, maim, murder, pine, ponder and slave over the very words that force itself out of my body but leave its hand clutched on my still beating heart."

-Darrel Pobre

Friday, March 22, 2013

It rained today

it rained today
after weeks of scraping heat
and I can see the leaves shimmy
in excitement in the empty lot beside his room
they bob their heads in agreement
vigorously in rhythmic discussions
yes yes, trickles and droplets
and map lines quickly erased and
easily replaced
brushing on stems and clinging 
on roots
there the sea is silently overflowing 
in a split-second drowning
dusted and washed and muddied
and decomposing and damp
and dark and murky where water
sleep and later on harden 
six feet under
the dripping raucous of laughter
silenced in ground cracks
sealed shut from the light
even from the shadows
from the room beside the empty lot.

3:43 PM
March 22, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment