"We hide behind sheets of words and sometimes find comfort on wearing them proudly. I have unbowed my bloody head with the things I have killed and revered what I have immortalized. I will continue to shield, maim, murder, pine, ponder and slave over the very words that force itself out of my body but leave its hand clutched on my still beating heart."

-Darrel Pobre

Friday, July 25, 2014

Binding

we cast a spell on moonlit skies
an eve past your creation 
incense have filled both our eyes
and blurred all our intentions
the breath, the sighs, the long goodbyes
have sought an apparition
to come once more, the distant cries
that sparked our deconstruction 
the fingers drum like fireflies
enraptured with attraction
aflame it roars, and soars and flies
without a destination
between the haze, the fire dies
in ash it seeks reclusion
and now we pay the hefty price
three times in its completion.

3.52 PM

July 25, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment