"We hide behind sheets of words and sometimes find comfort on wearing them proudly. I have unbowed my bloody head with the things I have killed and revered what I have immortalized. I will continue to shield, maim, murder, pine, ponder and slave over the very words that force itself out of my body but leave its hand clutched on my still beating heart."

-Darrel Pobre

Friday, July 25, 2014

No Difference

we stick our pain with bunny ears
mix tears with pink striations
we colour far beyond the lines
to hide the dirty lesions
we laugh and cough much louder now
to choke on quick pretentions
but still we linger back and forth
the space between our visions 
and soon again, we’re at standstill
to pause in quick reflection
the same amount of blood appears
between our torn midsections.

9.08 pm

June 08, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment