"We hide behind sheets of words and sometimes find comfort on wearing them proudly. I have unbowed my bloody head with the things I have killed and revered what I have immortalized. I will continue to shield, maim, murder, pine, ponder and slave over the very words that force itself out of my body but leave its hand clutched on my still beating heart."

-Darrel Pobre

Sunday, July 13, 2014

White Wine

I want to daze off mid-beer
I’d still be laughing and nodding
but my mind would be fizzing out
like bubbles off my drink
and I mentally roll my eyes
till I get a hang-over headache

What is wrong with me?
I think I’m lonely

Snipping your hair with my fingers
under the chair
and we are an arm’s apart
with laughters from a nearby table

I bunny hop in lights
and smile for the camera

Remember that slow dance
we murmur and hum
and it was just as were still
suspended with breaths
bouncing back and forth

somewhere, a tornado is born in utter, imploring
silence

somewhere, there are sand slipping between slippers

somewhere, there are necessary blurring that
come in focus 

and I’m not sure if I want to have kids
It might be just a reaction to the chocolate
undertone of this red wine

I just need to hear you say that
you don’t love me anymore

So, I can kill your father
so I can be there for you in his funeral

needing

It is a hungry thing at 2.18 in the morning
sitting in a bench, waiting for four hours

my ear on the ground, I can still hear 
heartbeats of corpses I killed long ago.

White wine would have been a better option.


7.52 PM.
07.09.2014

No comments:

Post a Comment