"We hide behind sheets of words and sometimes find comfort on wearing them proudly. I have unbowed my bloody head with the things I have killed and revered what I have immortalized. I will continue to shield, maim, murder, pine, ponder and slave over the very words that force itself out of my body but leave its hand clutched on my still beating heart."

-Darrel Pobre

Friday, July 29, 2011

Photosynthesis


ask me to look away
and I will
squint your sunshine lies
and pretend
the stark white words come from
moonlight
falling between cracks of my sheltered sleep
I like to think
you tuck stray strands of hair
away from my soundless soliloquy
and you listened
with the eagerness of a thirsty traveler
beside a clear bubbling stream
instead i wake up midday
sweat wrapped on sheets and skin
drapes swept aside at eleven in the morning
drenched in glaring sunlight stares
that burns cigarette pockmarks at the back of my neck

No comments:

Post a Comment