"We hide behind sheets of words and sometimes find comfort on wearing them proudly. I have unbowed my bloody head with the things I have killed and revered what I have immortalized. I will continue to shield, maim, murder, pine, ponder and slave over the very words that force itself out of my body but leave its hand clutched on my still beating heart."

-Darrel Pobre

Friday, July 29, 2011

The Theory of Constant Motion

there's a dread in things rhythmic
the constant space between sounds
like breathing, the cycle of holding air
and letting out

there a pendulum in my chest
swinging in my rib cage in definite
banging, measured, exact
yet banging none the less

you can hear wings scraping inside bones
just the feather tips touching the rigid
gaps between intercoastal windows
yet like water drops on flat rocks
sometime between now and dinner

a wishbone snaps

No comments:

Post a Comment