"We hide behind sheets of words and sometimes find comfort on wearing them proudly. I have unbowed my bloody head with the things I have killed and revered what I have immortalized. I will continue to shield, maim, murder, pine, ponder and slave over the very words that force itself out of my body but leave its hand clutched on my still beating heart."

-Darrel Pobre

Friday, July 29, 2011

Waiting


Last night I waited
What is it in waiting that turns
minutes to hours and days to lifetime
the drama of darkness stirring
me like a coffee peaking in taste
I wasn't worried or anxious
more like depressed and desperate altogether
and waiting was all I can do
with only the faint glow of a rectangular light
lighting my face
and wisps of unfinished lines and lost words
fading to non-existence
and stroke of my fingers
as if paying homage to a god
sleeping
encased in clear white crystal.
The coffee stales in silent bitterness.

No comments:

Post a Comment