"We hide behind sheets of words and sometimes find comfort on wearing them proudly. I have unbowed my bloody head with the things I have killed and revered what I have immortalized. I will continue to shield, maim, murder, pine, ponder and slave over the very words that force itself out of my body but leave its hand clutched on my still beating heart."

-Darrel Pobre

Friday, July 29, 2011

Light Eyes


There a four lights eyeing me now
And I know they have a clue
What this incessant finger-heaving
Of thoughts is about,

They don’t flicker away in nonchalance
Or steal pretentious gazes,
In fact they stare, unfazed
As if in eager calculation, gawking shamelessly

Four lights stare at my fingerless words
As they claw out meaning, tirelessly
On church doors, they can’t clasp
An embrace of a prayer

Trying to turn upwards for alms
or tirelessly cupping your face in reverence
They bang, and tremble
Like cowering pieces of flesh
Bask in harsh illumination

For the world to cast pity on.

No comments:

Post a Comment