"We hide behind sheets of words and sometimes find comfort on wearing them proudly. I have unbowed my bloody head with the things I have killed and revered what I have immortalized. I will continue to shield, maim, murder, pine, ponder and slave over the very words that force itself out of my body but leave its hand clutched on my still beating heart."

-Darrel Pobre

Friday, July 29, 2011

Vessels


there were those lights
between us
we were cramped into a small
space of stares and smoke
prodded by beats and vibrations
and silent whispers that
questions our being together
all those stolen glances
gossip incessantly
in mid-songs,
in the tranqulity of your arms
the chaos of yours eyes
and the stillness of the loud,
horny music
I felt the pure bliss
of being yours
light basking in and through me
music brimming my eyes
bright enough for happiness to appear
as golden glints
and an abandon of self as if drunk
from the touch of your open veins.

No comments:

Post a Comment