"We hide behind sheets of words and sometimes find comfort on wearing them proudly. I have unbowed my bloody head with the things I have killed and revered what I have immortalized. I will continue to shield, maim, murder, pine, ponder and slave over the very words that force itself out of my body but leave its hand clutched on my still beating heart."

-Darrel Pobre

Friday, July 29, 2011

Hum

I hum away your existence
Like brushing a thought
Or shaking away a memory
There are days when it was easy
To pick you with two fingers
And toss your soiled words
In my head, there are just
Colors and whites
No wools, or lint or rubberized prints
But you stain your way
From my mouth to my favorite shirt
Like hair dye that reeks of oxygenated ego
And my verbs no longer feel like
Linking coherence, with you
Pausing like a comma between every spaces

No comments:

Post a Comment